Sunday, July 26, 2020

What next?




https://darrellcreswell.wordpress.com/2012/11/29/a-willing-masterpiece-the-master-potter-inspirational-bible-verses/

Following Christ: Our response to His Love


--Luke 9:23-25--

Then [Jesus] said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self?"

******
Christ wants to mold us into His image, like a potter gently molding the clay into a useful, beautiful vessel.  Then He can pour His spirit into us, His never ending love, to pour out to others.  The amazing thing is, the more we pour out, the more our vessel overflows with His love. 

The Holy Spirit flows in and through us.  We our the windows through which Christ's love flows out into the world, changing it for His purposes.  We need to learn to listen to the Holy Spirit.  We would usually act in a certain way, in the interest of self, yet we feel this unexplainable urge to act in the opposite way -- to deny ourselves and put someone else first.  That is the Holy Spirit acting in us.  Christ allows us to do the impossible.  To love the unlovable.  To forgive the unforgivable.  He inspires us to rise above and create something wonderful--his Kingdom, right here, right now on earth. 

******

--Matthew 25:34-36, 40--
 
“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.  For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ ...."The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’"

--Matthew 5:14-16--
 
You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.


******

Father in heaven, we want to be like your son, Jesus.  You loved us so much that you gave up your place in heaven with the angels to come down to earth and save us from ourselves.  Soften our hearts to your love.  Help us to listen for your direction.  Open our ears and eyes to the things you want us to do.  Who do you want us to help today--  a new person at church, a coworker having a tough time,  a spouse or child needing extra patience and care?  Please help us to humbly put Christ at the very center of our lives.  All to your glory.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment